Portable Unit Substations - Mining Substations
At Power Precision we design, supply and service Portable Unit Substations including:
- Underground Mining Substations
- Surface Mining Portable Substations
- Distributed Generator Substations
Substations are custom designed for the application.
Many arc flash and electrical safety features are available
- Deadfront vacuum breakers on incoming supply
- Vacuum contactors and remote controls for energizing feeder circuits
- Separate main breaker compartment to lower arc flash energy in feeder breaker compartment
- Remote operator handles to operate and lock breakers outside the enclosure
- High resistance grounded neutral with resistor failure detection
- Ground fault and ground check monitors on feeder circuits for mining applications
- LED phase voltage indicators on 600 V outlets and 5 KV bus
- Fiber arc flash detection
- High speed differential protection relays
- Touch screen interfaces or pushbuttons for controls
- Separate compartments for various levels of isolation
- Analysis and design to meet reduced arc flash energy requirements
Substation enclosures and component layouts are engineered using 3D modelling.
Existing substations can be modernized with vacuum technology, arc flash detection and other features to improve safety, reliability and remote control.
Power Precision is also the authorized distributor of Adria substations in Atlantic Canada.