Portable Remote Racking Assembly for Magne-Blast Circuit Breaker
Portable remote racking assembly for Magne-Blast breaker/switchgear to allow operators to stand clear of arc-flash hazards
Touch screen operator interface
- Breaker movement is controlled by a touch screen graphical interface.
- The controls prompt the operator through a sequence of steps and checks to perform the racking process safely.
- The control interface is mounted safely outside the arc flash boundary.
- Real time information such as the breaker tilt/level measurements and breaker lifting resistance are displayed in real time.
- Alarms and faults are displayed immediately.
Live Video Monitoring
- Using a low light Infra-red camera, the operator is able to view the breaker position and movement on a live flat screen video monitor while the breaker door is closed.
- Two different options are available for remote controls and video monitoring
- A large video monitor above the touch screen controls in a permanently wall mounted cabinet - shown below
- OR a portable monitor and control station in an orange industrial case - shown below
Breaker Tilt Monitoring
- A dual axis analog monitor continuously transmits the level/tilt status of the breaker for live viewing and to automatically stop movement when outside programmed limits.
Breaker Lift Resistance
- The resistance of the breaker lifting mechanism is continuously monitored. Resistance exceeding typical limits provides an alarm or trip.
Lifting Motor and Controls
- A new racking motor/clutch assembly is provided to control the motor, clutch and breaker lifting mechanism from the remote operator station.
- The new racking motor/clutch assembly is equipped with a variety of sensors for monitoring during operation.